Quilt Skillz

Posts like this one help counter-act my foul-mouthedness and inappropriate behavior.

However, it does not hide my tendency to brag about all my skillz.

For my birthday last year in May, I asked for a sewing machine. It came with a CD. I watched the CD and read the instructions for the machine and started quilting. I made one attempt to read about quilting by Googling it; however, one minute looking at that goobly garble, and I decided to forge ahead with my own rules.

I cut up the receiving blankets I had saved from when my son was a baby and sewed away.

When I had questions about how to finish it, I went to Hobby Lobby and asked the lady who works in the fabric section.

I ignored the HAG behind me who said, "Well, at least I know what I'm doing."

Voila! Here it is, hag!



So, then, I decided to go even more ambitious and make a huge, giant quilt with a unique pattern for my best friend for Christmas. I created my own pattern and bought fabric remnants in the sale bins.

Now that my friend has the quilt in her possession, I can share about THE ALBATROSS here:




The pictures do not do justice to how big it is.

I am taking a break from quilting for a little while. I may or may not tell you about my next project. I've always gotta have something going on.